Saturday, 22 July 2017

TRAVEL BLOG: HELLO VENICE


Ciao... Last weekend I went away on a girls vacation to Italy. It was my first time visiting Italy, It was one of the countries I had on my travel list and I am happy to say venice has been ticked. However, I do believe  Italy has captured my heart and there is more cities and history to learn about this beautiful country, so expect more in the near future. 
WHY I LOVE VENICE. 
The city is beautiful and it has lovely people. I was amazed at how lovely their historical buildings were and each one of them had great meaning. There's a place called the St. Marks Square also known as Piazza San Marco. The square has a lot of history and outdoor resturants which allows you to still admire the city as you enjoy your meal. Lunch was under €20 but for dinner expect to pay between €30 - €45 with a drink and service charge. The city is very expensive on the main Island but the good thing is it doesn't need to cost a fortune, and there are few ways to make the city budget friendly.


BASILICA SAN MARCO'S
During my stay I visited basilica san marco cathedral, this chapel is an important landmark in Europe and it is located in the best place which is in Venice, Italy.  St Marks is wealthy beyond imagination, it is 4,240 square meters covered in ethereal and luminous gold mosaics, the magnificent golden Byzantine retailers known as Palau d'Oro, the inlaid marble floors and the gold reliquary especially and icons in the treasury. I had the opportunity to go inside the chapel however they do not allow people to take pictures, so all I had was a guided tour which cost €21, it made me understand a few things about the chapel. I also went to the top of the campanile for €8 which gave me a view of San Marco and the rest of the city. The campanile is so tall that it was used by approaching ships as a beacon to guide them home. It was built in the 10th century and completed in the 12 century, but its pointed roof and gilded pinnacle weren't added until the 15th century


WATER BUS & GONDOLA 
To get to St. Marks Square I got on a water bus which took about 10 mintues from Piazza Roma where the main bus station is located. I purchased a 25% discounted ticket for 2 days which costed €30. I'll be honest  with you guys when I got on the water bus I was very nervous because they were so many people on already,  and I was thinking of health and safety but clearly when it comes to that they don't think of the risks. The water bus was swerving from one side to the other. Funny thing the locals did not seem bothered which I'm guessing they are used to such transportion. On the other hand I enjoyed my gondola ride for €20 it is €80 for a ride but because I travelled with 3 girls it was cheap for us to split the cost.  The gondola took us around the city, it was a toured ride which went past some historical buildings and beautiful Street.  I loved being on it and saying hello to everyone. 
Photos taken with iPhone 6
People say Venice is parade but I have come to agree with them because everything about it is so classic. It is indeed a romantic place and is a "must see". 
Have you been to Venice? What were your favourite places. 


Chileshe..xx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SheRazmataz. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig